Monday 21 June 2010

Rediscovered Treasure....

I've rediscovered Watchman Nee. I first read his stuff when I was a young Christian and wanted to explore and learn quickly. It was too much, then. I was too young to appreciate him and his work. I also didn't like Red Wine and Stilton, bought that's changed too. Something to do with growing up.

The book I'm reading at present is 'The Normal Christian Church Life'. It is simply stunning. No words I can use can amply portray my appreciation of this book. And I'm only a third-way through. It is awesome. All my life I have sought to find, and contribute to, biblical church. I have read millions of words and explored many an avenue. I am now at the point of near despair and frustration. I am a thirsty man in a dry and arid land. So God by His grace, brought me to the metaphorical feet of Frank Viola. His writing on the church is wonderful, almost too good to read. He has recommended I read this book by Watchman Nee, and he is absolutely right.

Ifthis book were to be read by all believers who love their Bibles a lot, and their Lord a lot more, and laid down their preconceived notions, we would have a church on our hands which would change this nation.

More will come from my dancing fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment